Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Where I've Been: An update on life with the Brownies.



I know it has been an insanely long time since my last post. In fact, it's been a little over eight months. That's a really long time. However, I needed this writing break in many ways. When I started the At Home With the  Brownies blog, I  hoped to share a little piece of my home with the world, connect with others, encourage meaningful dialogue on the many issues facing our community and inspire faith. In many ways I felt my mission was a success, but after my mother passed away, things changed. Writing has always been a comfort for me. I've always enjoyed sharing my experiences, but loosing my mother rocked my world and in a sense, changed who I am. Blogging became a daily chore instead of a release. I no longer wanted to broadcast my feelings and views for a world wide audience. I needed to take time to live and adjust life without my mother. I can honestly say the last eight months have been hard, but like always, I can see God's blessings. Many things have changed in my life since my last post and I hope to share them with you in the coming weeks.

Here is a glimpse at what  is to come on "At Home With The Brownies" and recent family photos. I hope you will continue to share in this journey with me . I've grown a lot in the last year, including becoming a mother for the second time. I'd like to think of the extra grey hairs I've acquired have come with some wisdom. So please, continue to read,share, and comment. I promise to post a few times a week and look forward to a community
  • Seeds of Faith: Lessons From the Garden: I'm growing an organic garden this year and will chronicle my experiences from planting to harvesting and how it can parallel our spiritual journey.
  • Food Insecurity: What it is, our personal experience, and how we can work together to change it.
  • Food Allergies: Awareness and education
  • Health Matters: Our family's journey to better health.
  • Home Education: Our journey into homeschooling




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...