Friday, April 4, 2014

Health Matters: Breaking The Chain






On the eve of my mother's death, I'm so excited to share with you some of the changes I'm making in the Brown home and what inspired them. Many of the changes have to do with living a healthier lifestyle.

After the sudden and unexpected death of my mother, I was devastated. There seemed to be no answers to the question, "Why Lord?" I  prayed so often. The only clues my family received about what caused my mothers death from the medical examiner was that it was related to diabetes and high blood pressure. As a relatively young person, I have struggled with the fact that I lost my mother too soon, to two common, but very preventable diseases.Upon hearing the news, I knew deep down inside I need make changes to my diet or a similar fate awaited me. I knew that I needed to take control of my life and break my addiction and love affair with food. I knew I wanted to be around in good health for my children and future grandchildren. I knew I had to take a stand. Finally, I knew I needed to break the chain of heart disease, diabetes, and hypertension in my family.

So here I am. Knowing first hand how making small changes can make a big impact on your health, I have decided to reincorporate the essential health principles outlined in this post ,NEW START: An Acronym For Greater Health.Also, I have personally decided to adopt a mostly raw vegan diet. It hasn't been easy, but so far I'm sticking with it. God has blessed me with several partners who have entered this journey with me and I am thankful daily for there kindness and encouragement. I  claim victory  now over food addiction and illness, because I know ALL things are possible with God.

Each week I hope to share with you my stats and how things are going health wise. My hope is that in being open and honest about my weight loss and health journey, I can in turn inspire others.  It also helps keep me accountable. Feel free to comment and share your ideas for greater health.

Starting Stats                                

Height: 5'6
Starting Weight: 175lbs
Goal Weight: 135lbs
Current Medical Conditions: Asthma




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...