Photo By: Commanderjaygold
Parenting is filled with many responsibilities. We are charged to not only take care of the physical needs of our children, but God also calls us lead our children spiritually. We are to teach them to love God and keep His commandments. Deuteronomy 11:19 says, "And ye shall teach them your children, speaking to them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, when thou liest down, and when thou risest up."
In today's busy world carving time out for family can be a challenge, let alone, time for God. How do we encourage and teach our young children to love God? Here are 5 easy ways to daily share the love of God with our little ones.
- Pray With Your Children: Make prayer an integral part of your day. Pray with your little ones when they wake, before meals, and even in the evening. When you can't find the lost keys or socks, offer a prayer to God for help. Also, don't forget to share prayers of thanksgiving when you find the lost item or any other blessings are received.
- Attend Weekly Services Together: Attend weekly services together. There is a blessing that comes from fellowship with believers. Children receive this blessing as well. Attending weekly services and becoming actively involved in a local church with not only allow your child to have christian friends, but foster a sense of community in faith.
- Read and Study God's Word Together: It is important to ready and study God's work with your children. We have a time each night where we read God's word together as a family.
- Sing and Memorize Scripture : Singing is a great way to memorize. I still remember the quadratic equation because my algebra teacher taught it to me in a song. So putting scripture to song is a great way to get your little ones memorizing.
- Model Christian Character: Our children are always watching us. So we need to model christian character. We must remember to be kind, giving and loving not only to those in our homes, but to those we meet daily.