Thursday, April 25, 2013

Hope in the Midst of Sorrow: Miracles Do Exsist



At this time, many of my you know that my mother passed away April 5, 2013.  The last three weeks have been filled with sorrow and grief, but it has also been filled with many blessings from on high.  Through it all I have seen the hand of God working in my life and lives of my family.

Last Friday my mother's oldest sister, Shelia Radford, was admitted to the hospital. Her heart was in aphib. The following day my husband, baby Catherine, and I went to visit her in the hospital. She was doing better and scheduled to be released the following day. Sunday afternoon, while driving back to Kansas, I received a call that her health took a turn for the worse. My aunt had been moved to ICU.

The doctors didn't know what was wrong with my aunt and she was quickly deterioating. I was discouraged. At this time, it had only been a week since I burried my mother and I just couldn't take the loss of another close relative. So I did the only thing I could do; I began to pray.  I prayed and called others to pray. My family in Dallas gathered around my Aunt's sick bed and called upon the name of Jesus. There is POWER in the name of Jesus!

Later in the evening, I received another phone call. My Aunt had stopped breathing and a code blue was called. My sisters called me as the medical team performed CPR for over an hour and thirty minutes. I was told the doctor wanted to stop CPR and the chaplain was called to give the last prayer. With prayers going up all around, the family asked the medical team to try one more time. I am pleased to say that my Aunt Shelia LIVES today!

Not only is my aunt alive, but her recover has been called miraculous by the doctors. After being out for over an hour, there are no signs of brain damage. I've been told she is awake, attentive, and bossing everyone around from her hospital bed.

This is not luck. It is the POWER of God.  I am here today to tell you that prayer works and that God is in control. It's not over until God says it's over! "But thank God! He gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus" 1 Corinthians 15:57

It is a miracle! My Aunt still has a ways to go, but we are thankful for how she is recovering. We praise God for keeping her with us and give Him all the glory and praise.  God is good! Even in the midst of sorrow there are always reasons to give Him praise. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...