Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Seeds Of Faith: On Losing My Mother




I want to thank all of my family, friends, church members, and readers for your thoughts, kind words and gestures, but most importantly your prayers over the last few weeks. I can say with-out a doubt the past few weeks have been the hardest of my life, but I know my faith and the prayers of the saints have been carrying me though.

Almost three weeks ago, my mother passed away unexpectedly. Although she had some ongoing health problems( diabetes and high blood pressure), they were managed and my mother was doing well. She had even lost a little weight. When I received word on April 5th that she had passed, I was in a state of shock.  Losing a loved one is always hard, but when it comes unexpectedly it is almost crushing.

My mother was not only my mother, but rather my friend. We spoke everyday, several times a day about what we were cooking, our favorite blogs, our faith, and of course what Catherine Grace was up to. My mother has been one of my biggest supporters in life. She believed if I put God first, there was nothing I could not accomplish.  I know I was blessed to have her example of biblical womanhood for twenty-seven years.

To say I miss her would be an understatement. Every morning I call her phone just to hear her voice on the voice-mail. I miss her encouraging words each morning and how we often planned our dinner menus together. I am thankful for the time we had together. I'm thankful she was able to witness my marriage to a Godly man and the birth of my first child.

I know the next few weeks, months, and maybe even years won't be easy. I know grieving is a process that takes time. I will have good days and bad days, but it is well with my soul.   I know I am not alone. Isaiah 43:2 says, " When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you.  When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you. I know God will bring my family through this. We are casting all of our cares upon Him, for He cares for us.  
1 Peter 5:7

Please remember me and my family in your prayers. 




1 comment:

  1. :( (((hug)))

    I just about started bawling when you said you'd call her voice mail just to hear her voice. I'm so sorry you lost your mom :( . Continued prayers for you & your family.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...