Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Fiesta Potatoes

Things are finally starting to settle down a little in the Brownie household. We are slowly trying to find a new normal. Life doesn't stop when you are a grieving parent. As I get up to face each day without my mother, laundry needs to be done, dishes washed, stories read and dinner cooked.

I stared into my fridge and pantry last night wondering what is for dinner. Since my mother passed, I haven't really planned my meals. It's been like an episode of chopped in my house. I use whatever ingredients I can find and get them to the table quickly to please my family.

Last night we had "fiesta potatoes", kale, rice and black beans. The fiesta potatoes recipe came about by mixing the random ingredients on hand. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did.

Fiesta Potatoes

Preheat oven to 400 degrees

5 russet potatoes, cubed
3 green onions, chopped
1 handful of cilantro, chopped
2 Tablespoons of canola oil
The juice of 1 lime
1teaspoon of garlic powder
1 teaspoon of onion powder
1 teaspoon of paprika
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper

Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Make sure potatoes are evenly coated. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...