Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Health Matters: Week 1 Update



Photo by: Rick Ligthelm

Week one of living our new healthy lifestyle was such a blessing. I'm rediscovering my love of vegetables and excited about challenging myself in the kitchen. In just a weeks time, I feel more energized despite the fact that I'm up with a newborn! I've also noticed my waist getting smaller! This Sabbath I wore a shirt to church that I had not worn since 2005!  God is really blessing our efforts. My husband even noticed that the dark circles under my eyes are diminishing.

So what's on the menu at the Brownie home? Listed bellow is a sample of what we eat in a day. I'm having so much fun reinventing our favorite recipes and creating new favorites. I've discovered I can forgo the oil in my salad dressing and  enjoy eating my salad with just a little lemon juice and seasonings. I've included my new go-to salad dressing below. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Breakfast
Fruit- banana, apple,strawberries,blueberries, pears, or whatever we have on hand served raw. We usually eat as much as we want.
Pancakes (gluten-free, dairy-free,soy-free,nut-free, egg-free) (Catherine and Tim)
Brown rice(For Mom)
Homemade pinto beans with fresh avocado,tomato, and green onion (For Mom)

Lunch
Baked sweet potatoes
Loaded Raw Veggie Salad (mixed greens,romaine, spinach, carrots, avocado, tomato, cucumber, broccoli, onion, or whatever is on hand.)

Dinner
Kim Snyder's Glowing Green Smoothie (For Mom)
Multi-grain gluten-free pasta
Homemade mushroom red sauce
Garlicky green beans

* We are drinking at least 64oz of water a day. I must admit I still struggle with drinking during meals rather than in between. I'm a work in progress.

Emily's Classic Dressing
Juice of 1/2 lemon
2 teaspoon of nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon of dill weed
1 teaspoon of dry oregano
1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
pinch of sea salt

Mix well and pour over your favorite veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...