Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Keeping up with the Brownies



I hope this post finds you doing well. Things have been busy in the Brownie household and are expected to get busier. I have been juggling several projects along with the daily demands of being a wife, mother, and homemaker. I praise God for not only the strength He is giving me, but I also praise Him for the blessings He has given. Below is a list of updates and some exciting news!

1.) Our New Home: Many of you know that my husband and I are purchasing our first home. Our scheduled closing date is May 10th.  At this time, we will not be closing on time due to additional repairs that need to be made. Please keep our family in prayer as we complete the final steps in our journey to our first home. Click here to read more about our home buying process.

2.) Family Matters: Things are settling down after the death of my mother. I am finding it hard to juggle the demands of motherhood while grieving and making preparations for my Dad. I am thankful for the support of my loving husband and siblings during this difficult time.

3.) Food Allergy Awareness: May is Asthma and Allergy Awareness month. Next week, At Home With The Brownies will be celebrating Food Allergy Awareness Week. This is a cause near and dear to my heart. Catherine suffers from multiple food allergies. You can read her story here.  Next week you can expect the following.
  • Food Allergy Safety- An Interview with the Director of Services of Kids R'Kids Overland Park.
  • Motherhood Chronicles- Stories of mothers of children with food allergies
  • What You Can Do- Ways to get involved.
4.) New Opportunities: I've only been blogging for five months and I love it. It has become a new passion and ministry for me. With every post I hope to encourage, uplift, and inspire my readers to be the best they can be and bring glory to God. Today I received word that I have been selected to be a guest contributor to a popular blog I follow. I am excited about this new opportunity to reach a broader audience. I can't wait to share more information about my new partnership soon.

5.) Maybe a book?: With the recent death of my mother, I have been reminded just how short life really is. James 4:14 says, "Whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away."  With the blessing of God I have fulfilled many of the dreams I have had in life, but a few remain.

My mother loved cookbooks and read them like novels. She passed her love of cookbooks and cooking onto me. It was always a dream of ours to write a cookbook or own a bakery together. Although she has passed, the dream lives on. So here I am,  prayerfully considering writing a cookbook. Please keep me and my family in prayer as we seek the Lord's will in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...