Wednesday, January 9, 2013

On The Shelf -What I'm Reading, January 2013

The Healthy Gluten-Free Life: 200 Delicious Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, and Egg-Free Recipes By: Tammy Credicott



I received this cookbook for Christmas from my mother. My mother and I are avid cookbook collectors and read cookbooks like novels. Cover to cover. With a busy toddler, I am only halfway through this book, but so far it is a winner. I have tried a few of the recipes and each one has come out perfect! Tammy has done years of research and once owned a thriving wholesale bakery. I recommend this book for anyone looking for tasty proven recipes.

A Year of Biblical Womanhood By: Rachel Held Evans




I also received this book for Christmas. I had been looking forward to reading it since it's release in November. Like The Healthy Gluten-Free Life, I am only half way through this book, but it has been a blessing. Rachel's writing style is easy to read and comical at times. I recommend this book to all Christian women.

Being a member of a conservative protestant church, I have often struggled with  "Biblical womanhood". Was I to remain silent in church like 1 Corinthians 14"34-35 suggested?  Should I be involved in teaching and speaking which1 Timothy 2:11-14 discouraged? These are just a few questions that have plagued me as a young woman who has been involved in ministry.

I applaud Rachel for taking on this project and speaking for many women in the church who often feel like they don't measure up.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...